Sunday, February 24, 2008

Violin = 2007









I got this Invitation one day
Dear Artists:

> It was a great pleasure to meet all of you last night. It is not an
> everyday occurrence to be in the company of such creative minds. Not
> only is it fulfilling but a certain energy is generated and I for one am
> still feeling it this morning!

> I wanted to invite you and a guest to attend our upcoming Symphony
> Series concert, January 27, 2007, 8pm, Woolsey Hall, New Haven. The
> concert features guest conductor William Boughton with the New Haven
> Symphony performing works by Shostakovich, Prokofiev, and Rachmaninov.
> What marks this event as special is that the NHSO is in the process of a
> music director search and Mr. Boughton is under serious consideration.

> In October of this year he conducted the orchestra for the first time
> and magic happened. The orchestra, audience and conductor were as one.
> This was music-making at its best.

> Whilst there are no assurances that the second performance will have the
> same intensity, the stage is set and we would love to have you join us.

> Please RSVP to Mary-Kate by January 25, 5pm. If you received a violin
> last night could you please contact Mary-Kate via email to confirm the
> number violin you received. We don't have a record of 5 and the donors
> would like to follow the violins.

> Very best for the Holiday Season,
>
> Natalie
>
>
>
And...desided to paint my own one!

Then, I desided to answer them with this!

Type: Deconstruct.
Medium: Oil.
Inspiration or Motivation: The interior trip violin invited us to do while listening its sounds.


The violin I am planning to create is one that is going to be not only painted, but some part removed to create bridges, small houses addressed like small streets that are going to created a reality in which I invite to viewer do start a tour inside themselves, as to me the sound, the notes of any violin invites us to start an interior trip and discover our interior but complex landscape.

In my work, I explore the intimate and interior places of myself as reflection of the human being. That idea I would take as a goal to paint the violin. Trying to recreate part of a small and ideal town. The ideal town that is our comfort zone, but also those places we do not like to investigate so much of ourselves.


The drawing up shows the idea that I have of how the violin could look.

The work will exceed more than three inches by side the original size of the violin would be provided. A violin base would be needed to be put the piece to be viewed.

No comments: